Our course is a sanctioned and a qualifying course for the Boston Marathon.
For the safety of all runners:
- Strollers are not permitted on the route
- Dogs, roller blades and scooters are not permitted on the route
- Ipods, MP3 players , earphones, are strongly discouraged
- First Aid is available ‘on course’ as well at the finish area.
Official Finish Times
- The chip in your bib will time you from when you cross the start line. The results (available at www.atlanticchip.ca) will show your official time (gun time) and net time (chip start).
- The ‘gun’ time is the official time and will decide award winners.
Can I register on site?
Yes, on-site registration is possible during regular kit pit up hours. Registration is not possible on final race day
Pace Bunny are supplied by Running Room
Where can I park?
Where are the water stations?
Water stops are located every 2 miles with water and Gatorade™. Remember: Drink before you get thirsty.
Washroom facilities are located at various convenient locations along the course and at the start/finish area.
Are there showers available for after the race?
Showers are not available
If we are registering on-site on kit pick up day, what type of payment do you accept?
Payment can be made by cheque, cash or credit card (Visa or Mastercard).
How will timing chips be distributed?
Timing chips are issued when participants pick up their runners kits and are incorporated into the runner’s bib and need not be returned. You must wear the bib/chip assigned to you. Chips are pre-activated for your convenience. If in doubt, check with Atlantic Chip officials at the Registration desk.
For new runners, bib numbers must be clearly visible and attached to the front of runners. Full marathoners should also attached fluorescent tape to back of their shirt – this is available when picking up your race kit.
Are walkers permitted?
Walking is allowed, however be advised that the course will be closed 5 hours after the official start time of 8:00am. Early start times can be arranged for any walkers who feel they will be longer than 5 hours.
Is the race open to traffic?
Roads are not closed to traffic so please follow race officials’ instructions and run on the side of the road to which you are directed. You are ultimately responsible for making wise decisions on the course, as road running is potentially hazardous.