Emera Marathon by the Sea
THE MARATHON ROUTE IS NOW A DOUBLE HALF- MARATHON LOOP
Our marathon is a qualifying course for the Boston Marathon!
Date: Sunday, August 23rd, 2020
Time: 8:00 am
(Early Start 7:00 am)
Distance: 42.2 kilometers/26.2 miles
All events will take place at the furthest parking area at 333 Water Street, adjacent to the Diamond Jubilee Cruise Terminal.
Please be advised that while walking is allowed, the course will be closed 5 hours after the official start time of 8:00 am. Early start times can be arranged for any walkers who feel they will require more than 5 hours.
Full Marathon Registration Fee:
Early Registration Until January 15th = $50.00
Regular Fee Until June 1st = $60.00
Until Aug 20th = $70.00
1. Marathon finishers medal
2. Tech Tee Shirt
Race Kit Pick-up
Saturday, August 22nd, 10:00 am – 9:00 pm
Sunday, August 23rd, 6:45 am – 7:30 am
The 2020 Marathon is one of the most challenging and satisfying courses in Atlantic Canada. Starting at the Port of Saint John’s Diamond Jubilee Cruise Terminal runners will find themselves following along the Saint John Harbour and river taking in such famous sites as the Harbour Passage, Reversing Falls and views of the Bay of Fundy coastline. The most breathtaking views will appear at km 17 (mile 11) when runners are granted permission to cross the 1.6 km (1 mile) long Harbour Bridge back to City Centre -this is the only time pedestrians are permitted to cross the Harbour Bridge. Runners complete this route twice.
• Start/Finish Diamond Jubilee Cruise Terminal
• Runners turn left onto Water St
• Up Water Street turning left into Market Sq. past Stage
• Runners go around Hilton turning left on Smythe St
• Follow Smythe St runners turn left into Harbour Passage
• Marathoners exit Harbour Passage at the end onto Chesley Dr.
• Runners cross Chesley Dr. and proceed up Chesley
• Across Reversing Falls Bridge onto Main St
• West on Manawagonish Rd to Gault Road
• Crossing over to Ocean West way
• Turning around after 800 meters
• Runners return back Manawagonish on the opposite side
• Follow Manawagonish veering right onto Fairville Boulevard
• Follow Fairville Boulevard to the end turning right onto Lancaster Ave
• Crossing over at Castle Funeral Home
• Turning left onto Prince St than left onto Riverside Dr.
• Exiting Riverside Dr. at Market Place overpass
• Runners turn left onto King St West
• Turning left into Harbour Bridge parking lot
• Onto Harbor Bridge exiting Market Square/city Centre exit
• Exiting Harbor Bridge onto Saint Patrick St
• Back to Start/Finish at Diamond Jubilee Cruise Terminal